Analysis method: Microscopy (worms + unicellular parasites), Real-time PCR (worms + unicellular parasites)
Sampling material: Stool sample + urine sample
Test results within 10-14 business days
THE PARASITE BOX – LARGE PCR is one of our parasitic tests with an extended scope of range in identification of parasites by screening for several species of roundworms, tapeworms, flukes and unicellular parasites, not only with a microscopic analysis that can identify worms, worm eggs, cysts, and worm fragments, but this test also includes several PCR-analyzes for direct identification of the parasites genetic material (DNA) in your submitted stool samples.
*Free digital consultation with one of our partner physichians is included in case of a confirmed tapeworm infection.
See the list below for additional information of the analyzes included in the PARASITE BOX – LARGE PCR;
- Ancylostoma duodenale (Hookworm) – Microscopy + PCR
- Ascaris lumbricoides (Human roundworm) – Microscopy + PCR
- Enterobius vermicularis (Pinworm) – Microscopy + PCR
- Strongyloides stercoralis (Strongyloides) – Microscopy
- Trichuriasis trichiura (Whipworm) – Microscopy + PCR
- Diphyllobothrium latum (Broad fish tapeworm) – Microscopy
- Dypylidium caninum (Dog tapeworm) – Microscopy
- Echinococcus granulosus (Hydatid tapeworm) – Microscopy + PCR
- Hymenolepsis nana (Dwarf tapeworm) – Microscopy
- Taenia saginata (Beef/Unarmed tapeworm) – Microscopy
- Taenia solium (Pork/Armed tapeworm) – Microscopy + PCR
- Fasciolopsis buski (Intestinal fluke) – Microscopy
- Fasciola hepatica (Large liver fluke) – Microscopy + PCR *urine sample
- Opistorchis viverrini (Liver fluke) – Microscopy + PCR *urine sample
- Schistosoma haematobium (Blood fluke) – Microscopy + PCR *urine sample
Unicellular parasites (Protozoa); Amoebas and Flagellates
- Balandtidium coli – Microscopy
- Blastocystis species – Microscopy + PCR
- Dientamoeba fragilis – Microscopy + PCR
- Entamoeba dispar – Microscopy
- The microscopy for unicellular parasites can also identify infection with Giardia lamblia, Cryptosporidium and Entamoeba histolytica (free of charge).
Available add-on tests;
You will find the available add-on tests in the laboratory submission form included in your Parasite Box. Additional add-on tests are charged separately upon arrival to our laboratory.
- Zonulin & Calprotectin (inflammatory markers and identification of leaky gut).
- Heliobacter pylori – (harmful intestinal bacteria).
Should you want to order several Parasite Boxes for both you and your family members, we can provide a family discount. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code.
Digital consultation with partner physicians in the field are available, the consultation with a physician is charged according to the physicians rates. Our partner physicians are able to prescribe pharmaceuticals within the EU and to the UK, please visit our product page for additional information.
Parasiteclinic.co.uk is operated by The Better Option AB, a Swedish licensed healthcare company providing healthcare services including parasitic tests. We are approved by the Swedish Healthcare Inspectorate (IVO).