Analysis method: Microscopy (worms + unicellular parasites), Real-time PCR (unicellular parasites)
Sampling material: Stool sample
Test results within 10-14 business days
THE PARASITE BOX – 3 DAYS OF THE USUAL SUSPECTS provides an increased possibility of detection and identification of parasitic infections by including 3 different stool samples collected on 3 different days. We recommend this test to those who have previously undergone a parasitic analysis with a negative test-result, but still have apparent symptoms or indications of a possible parasitic infection – to increase the possibility for the identification of parasites in your submitted stool samples. This parasitic test utilizes microscopy for the identification of worms, worm eggs, cysts and worm fragments and combines microscopy with PCR-analysis for identification of unicellular parasites.
*Free digital consultation with one of our partner physicians is included in case of a confirmed tapeworm infection.
See the list below for a specification of the analyzes included in the PARASITE BOX – 3 DAYS OF THE USUAL SUSPECTS;
- Ancylostoma duodenale (Hookworm) – Microscopy
- Ascaris lumbricoides (Human roundworm) – Microscopy
- Enterobius vermicularis (Pinworm) – Microscopy
- Strongyloides stercoralis (Strongyloides) – Microscopy
- Trichuriasis trichiura (Whipworm) – Microscopy
- Diphyllobothrium latum* (Broad fish tapeworm) – Microscopy
- Dipylidium caninum* (Dog tapeworm) – Microscopy
- Hymenolepis nana* (Dwarf tapeworm) – Microscopy
- Taenia saginata* (Beef tapeworm or Unarmed tapeworm) – Microscopy
- Taenia solium* (Pork tapeworm or Armed Tapeworm) – Microscopy
Flukes (Trematodes) – PCR is available as a add-on test, please see below
- Fasciolopsis buski (Intestinal fluke) – Microscopy
- Fasciola hepatica (Large liver fluke) – Microscopy,
- Opistorchis viverrini (Liver fluke) – Microscopy
- Schistosoma haematobium (Blood fluke) – Microscopy
Unicellular parasites (Protozoa); Amoebas and Flagellates
- Balandtidium coli – Microscopy
- Blastocystis species – Microscopy + PCR
- Dientamoeba fragilis – Microscopy + PCR
- The microscopy for unicellular parasites can also identify infection with Giardia lamblia, Cryptosporidium and Entamoeba histolytica/dispar (free of charge).
Available add-on tests;
You will find the available add-on tests in the laboratory submission form included in your Parasite Box. Additional add-on tests are charged separately upon arrival to our laboratory.
- Zonulin & Calprotectin (inflammatory markers and identification of leaky gut).
- PCR-analysis for Flukes; Schistosoma haematobium (Blood fluke), Fasciola hepatica (Large liver fluke) & Opisthorchis viverrini (Asian liver fluke) + 1 urine sample
- PCR-analysis for Hook worms; Ancylostoma ceylanicum, Ancylostoma braziliense, Ancylostoma caninum Ancylostoma tubaeforme, Uncinaria stenocephala
- Heliobacter pylori – (harmful intestinal bacteria).
Should you want to order several Parasite Boxes for both you and your family members, we can provide a family discount. Please contact us at: email@example.com for a discount code.
Digital consultations with partner physicians in the field are available, the consultation with a physician is charged according to the physicians rates. Our partner physicians are able to prescribe pharmaceuticals within the EU and to the UK, please visit our product page for additional information.
Parasiteclinic.co.uk is operated by The Better Option AB, a Swedish licensed healthcare company providing healthcare services including parasitic tests. We are approved by the Swedish Healthcare Inspectorate (IVO).