Analysis method: Microscopy (worms + unicellular parasites), Real-time PCR (unicellular parasites)
Sampling material: Stool sample
Test results within 5-14 business days
THE PARASITE BOX – THE USUAL SUSPECTS is one of our most affordable test that includes a wide screening for parasitic infections by microscopic analysis for the identification of roundworms, flukes, tapeworms and unicellular parasites (protozoa). Additional real-time PCR is provided for protozoa.
*Free digital consultation with one of our partner physicians is included in case of a confirmed tapeworm infection.
See the list below for additional information of the analyzes included in THE PARASITE BOX – THE USUAL SUSPECTS;
- Ancylostoma duodenale (Hookworm) – Microscopy
- Ascaris lumbricoides (Human roundworm) – Microscopy
- Enterobius vermicularis (Pinworm) – Microscopy
- Strongyloides stercoralis (Strongyloides) – Microscopy
- Trichuriasis trichiura (Whipworm) – Microscopy
- Dipylidium caninum (Dog tapeworm)*– Microscopy
- Diphyllobothrium latum (Broad fish tapeworm)* – Microscopy
- Hymenolepis nana (Dwarf tapeworm)* – Microscopy
- Taenia saginata (Beef tapeworm/Unarmed tapeworm)* – Microscopy
- Taenia solium (Pork tapeworm/Armed Tapeworm)* – Microscopy
Flukes (Trematodes) – PCR-analysis is available as add-on test for most flukes, please see below
- Fasciolopsis buski (Intestinal fluke) – Microscopy
- Fasciola hepatica (Large liver fluke) – Microscopy
- Opistorchis viverrini (Liver fluke) – Microscopy
- Schistosoma haematobium (Blood fluke) – Microscopy
Unicellular parasites (Protozoa); Amoebas and Flagellates
- Blastocystis – Microscopy + PCR
- Dientamoeba fragilis – Microscopy + PCR
- Balandtidium coli – Microscopy
- Giardia lamblia – Please see below
- Cryptosporidium – Please see below
- Entamoeba dispar/histolytica- Please see below
- The microscopy for unicellular parasites can also identify infection with Giardia lamblia, Cryptosporidium and Entamoeba dispar/histolytica (free of charge). (The entamoeba analysis is not type-specific)
Available add-on tests;
You will find the available add-on tests in the laboratory submission form included in your Parasite Box. Additional add-on tests are charged separately upon arrival to our laboratory.
- Calprotectin & Zonulin (inflammatory markers and identification of leaky gut).
- Fecal Occult Blood
- Candida PCR – 7 Species
- PCR-analysis for Flukes; Schistosoma haematobium (Blood fluke), Fasciola hepatica (Large liver fluke) & Opisthorchis viverrini (Asian liver fluke) (1 urine sample)
- PCR- analysis for hook worms; Ancylostoma ceylanicum, Ancylostoma braziliense, Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma tubaeforme & Uncinaria stenocephala
- Helicobacter pylori – (harmful intestinal bacteria)
- Urogenital infections – Mycoplasma Genitalium (Parasitic Bacteria), Mycoplasma Hominis (Parasitic Bacteria), Ureaplasma Parvum (Bacteria), Ureaplasma Urealyticum (Bacteria), Trichomonas Vaginalis (Protozoan Parasite), Chlamydia Trachomatis (Parasitic Bacteria), Neisseria gonorrhoeae (Bacteria)
- Lyme test and coinfections of Tick born infections are not available as home tests, but can be done in one of our partner clinics in London, Manchester, Amsterdam, Ibiza, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö
Should you want to order several Parasite Boxes for both you and your family members, we can provide a family discount. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code.
Digital consultation with partner physicians in the field are available, the consultation with a physician is charged according to the physicians rates. Our partner physicians are able to prescribe pharmaceuticals within the EU and to the UK, please visit our product page for additional information.
Parasiteclinic.co.uk is operated by The Better Option AB, a Swedish licensed healthcare company providing healthcare services including parasitic tests. We are approved by the Swedish Healthcare Inspectorate (IVO).